Island Global Research Limited is committed to maintaining the privacy and security of personal information which we collect from our clients and research participants.
This Privacy Statement contains information about our policy regarding the collection and use of data through market research.
The Privacy Statement is a statement of policy and, save for those rights and obligations set out in the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2017, it does not establish or create any additional user rights or any further obligations. In addition, the Managing Director of Island Global Research is a Certified Member of the Market Research Society and has agreed to abide by the MRS Code of Conduct.
We treat all information we receive from clients as confidential and do not use the information for any purpose other than to fulfil our obligations to them. We keep client information secure at all times, and prevent the misuse and unauthorized disclosure of it by our employees or any third parties.
Research Participant Information
All responses to our research are completely confidential. We collect data in our studies for research purposes only, and our use of that information will be limited to that purpose.
Research participation is voluntary. Island Global Research Panel members invited to participate in market research always have the opportunity to decline or to “opt out” of the survey after agreeing to participate.
We do not collect personal information without research participant consent. Personal information provided to Island Global Research is confidential and only used for the purpose stated. These are the main reasons we ask research participants for personal information.
- Research participants may be asked if they want to join our Island Global Research Panel. Respondents who give consent to join the Island Opinion Panel will be asked to provide their name, island of residence and their email address. We contact Island Opinion Panel members when a new survey is launched, when any of our survey results are publically available, and when we have recruitment opportunities. Respondents who do not give their consent are able to participate in future market research, but would not receive an email notification when a new survey is launched.
- Research participants may be asked if they want to receive newsletters or other marketing information from Island Global Research. Respondents who give consent to marketing information will be asked to provide their name and email address.
- Research participants may be invited to participate in a prize draw. Respondents who consent to participate in the prize draw will be asked to provide a name and email address.
- Research participants may also be asked for personal information for other purposes and this would be clearly stated within the survey instrument and respondent would be asked for consent. Examples include, asking whether individuals give consent to contacted for follow-up research.
We do not rent, sell or give personal information to any third party for the purpose of directly marketing any products or services.
At their request, we give research participants access to the personal information we have collected about them. We correct any information that is inaccurate or incomplete, change their consent status, or have their personal information deleted.
Email Addresses and Communication
Island Global Research may have personal email addresses in its email system or data files that are acquired through Clients who have provided email addresses for research purposes.
Island Global Research uses email as a means of communicating to Clients, members of the Island Global Research Panel and individuals on our marketing mailing list. When email is used to invite respondents to participate in surveys or for marketing purposes, the following processes are used:
- We clearly identify ourselves when sending an invitation
- We provide contact information should there be any questions or concerns
- We provide the option to be removed from future email research invitations or marketing communications.
Opt Out Policy
If you wish to be removed from the Island Global Research Panel or from Island Global Research email or phone contact lists, please let us know. You can do this by selecting unsubscribe from emails we send or by contacting us by email (email@example.com) or by phone (01481 716 227).
Personal Information Security
Island Global Research is committed to keeping personal data secure and will take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. This data is stored on our internal network servers that are protected by firewalls and other appropriate security mechanisms. Third parties that provide us with support or services may also receive client data or personal information, and we require them to maintain security measures similar to ours with respect to such information.
Island Global Research does not knowingly make direct contact with children aged 16 years or under to participate in research activities.
Changes In This Privacy Statement
Under certain circumstances permitted or required by law (for example, in connection with law enforcement investigations), we may be required to disclose client data or personal information without giving notice.
Should you have any queries regarding the Privacy Statement or the treatment of any personal information which you have provided, please contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.